Ethereum is one year old today.
Here is Block #0:
It has been an exciting first year:
- 24/07/2016 –Poloniex decided to enable the trading of the non-hard-forked blockchain, called Ethereum Classic (ETC), on their exchange. ETH holders before the hard-fork could withdraw the equivalent ETC and trade it on Poloniex – Free ethers anyone?
- 20/07/2016 – the Ethereum blockchain was hard-forked on Block #1,920,000 to return funds stolen by the hacker. Investors in The DAO could convert back their The DAO tokens back into ethers (ETH). A minority of miners continued mining the non-hard-forked blockchain. Transaction from either chain are compatible with each chain, and some nodes were configured to relay the transactions across both chains. Users had to work out how to execute transactions on one chain without the mirror transactions occurring on the other chain.
- 17/06/2016 – a hacker exploited a Recursive Call Vulnerability in The DAO contract, draining about 36.5 million ethers, approximately USD 50 million.
- 28/05/2016 – the 4 week crowdfunding period ended for The DAO. DAOHub.org was the forum for individuals who invested in The DAO. One of the first proposals #2 Do you believe in god? failed to garner sufficient voters, but of those who voted, 62.7% voted No.
- 30/04/2016 – the 4 week crowdfunding period commenced for “The DAO”, a decentralised autonomous organisation (program) running on the Ethereum blockchain.
- 14/03/2016 – the Homestead release of the Ethrereum blockchain was released.
- 30/05/2015 – this is the day the Ethereum genesis block was mined. The Ethereum World Computer was born.